Fantastic overview of how one can develop their creativity. The video (about 35 minutes) is worth you time. Creativity is not an ability (like IQ), it is a way of being. It is something that can be developed.
- Space (“You can’t become playful, and therefore creative, if you’re under your usual pressures.”)
- Time (“It’s not enough to create space; you have to create your space for a specific period of time.”)
- Patience (“Giving your mind as long as possible to come up with something original,” and learning to tolerate the discomfort of pondering time and indecision.”)
- Confidence (“Nothing will stop you being creative so effectively as the fear of making a mistake.”)
- Humor (“The main evolutionary significance of humor is that it gets up from the closed mode to the open mode quicker than anything else.”)